Thursday, December 31, 2009

Idea For Next Christmas

I should have posted this before Christmas but I was so busy getting ready for Christmas that I didn't have time.

I thought I'd share something I made myself as a gift for my sister: An Evening Clutch, proudly hand made by moi!

Voila:





The gift was well received and she couldn't believe I actually made it.  I was happy.  Now, I consider myself a beginner so if I can make it, anyone with a bit of patience and careful sewing can make this.  As I mentioned in a previous post, my first attempt at this was a disaster.  I read the instructions and was like WTF this doesn't make sense!! so I decided to follow my own idea and it didn't work.

The best thing of all is that you can get this pattern free online!  Here's the link to it:
http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/accessories/clutch-purse-with-antique-pin-closure/;jsessionid=1OCJDMGU3IQ1ACQCEAQSBHQ?page=1

I didn't follow the instructions exactly - I decided to leave the tab off and just use the flap as the closure instead.  I also bought a magnetic closure snap but I could not figure out how to sew it in (found out later once it was too late) so I just followed the pattern and used hook and loop tape.

I hope if you make this it turns out pretty!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I may actually consider giving that a try although I have no talent in that area at all :)

    You did a great job. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous clutch! I'm very impressed. What a thoughtful and special gift for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a gorgeous clutch! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete