Monday, September 27, 2010

The Awesome Post

I thought I'd do a post on the awesome things that I've seen, done or had happen to me in the past week or so. There are always things to be grateful for!

1. Losing your wallet and having the person that found it hand it it to the local police station with nothing taken. Not only awesome, but bloody awesome.  It restored my faith in humanity a little.  If I could hug the person I would!

2. Home made pizza. Observe:


ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, buffalo mozzarella, onion, tomato, green bell pepper, fresh torn basil

you know you want me


3. Christine from For The Love Of Cookies, squatting 215lbs for 5.  Awesome.  She's only a little thing at 114lbs!  Most women can barely squat their own bodyweight once.  She's squatting almost double her body weight for reps!





  4. Trying a new beer.  Awesome.  I really enjoyed this one, and like the label suggests it has a hint of honey in the flavour.


a thing of beauty

5. Spiders.  Especially when they eat the flies that come into your house.  I am actually scared of spiders but I adopted a spider and named him Harry.  We try and feed him now and again. He's awesome.

6. Upcoming annual leave. Enough said.

7.  Food blogs, in particular Angela's blog at Oh She Glows.  Her blog really inspires me to eat better.  I tried her lentil walnut burgers the other day and they were awesome.  Even my husband thought they were really good and he looooves meat (as most men do).  Thanks Angela!

burger in progress
I know the burger is the focus of the conversation, but do you see the beer in the background??

8. My new vacuum cleaner.  Either my house gets incredibly dirty after a week or it is picking up a crapload  stuff in my house.  That's what I'm talkin' about. 

9. Today.  It is spring at the moment and it was a perfect spring day: sunny, lovely temperature, birds singing, flowers blooming *sigh*

10. Massage.  I had one today for the first time in over one year and it was AWESOME.  I feel so good right now.  I saw Shelly at Bodyneed. I used to get them every 2 weeks a couple of years ago and I felt the best I have ever when I did that.  I want to try and do this again.

11. My bunny being bunny. She is so cute!

12. Going for a run and beating your time from last week by one minute. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment