Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Slow Cooked Barbeque Chicken

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com, but modified it a little to suit my taste.

1 whole chicken cut up or 3-4 chicken breasts
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  500ml bottle barbecue sauce
3/4 cup regular cola
1 large carrot, chopped into large chunks
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
Add chicken and onion to slow cooker
Pour in cola
 

Add 500ml bottle of Barbecue sauce

 Add chopped carrot and garlic
 
 
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  When ready serve with rice.


Review:  I'd give this one 3.5 out of 5.  I think it depends a lot on what barbecue sauce you use.  I found it too sweet actually, but I will give it a try with another brand and see how it turns out.  As with all slow cooked recipes, the meat was nice and tender. 

Don't forget to give your bunny the carrot offcuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment