Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ginger Tea

I bought a new cookbook the other day: 4 Ingredients; Fast, Fresh & Healthy 


I have the other two books written by the same ladies.  As the title says, all recipes in the book have 4 ingredients or less.  They have a gluten free recipe book which I haven't bought.

Out of the three books of I have of theirs, this is by far the best.  It has some really tasty ideas; not only that, they are all pretty healthy and use simple ingredients.

I'm going to share with you a recipe from the book.  It has been changed very slightly to suit my taste.  It has a very spicy taste so if you love ginger this one is for you!  It actually tastes like a non-carbonated ginger beer to me....

"Ginger helps to stimulate the heart and circulatory system and is also known for it's ability to reduce inflammation" [good for people who train a lot!].
"Good for indigestion and gas" [ahem!].
"Tea brewed from ginger is a folk remedy for colds"

10cm ginger root
4 cups of water
1 tsp honey
2 slices of lemon

Peel ginger and slice thinly.  Bring water to boil and then add ginger.  Simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Strain tea and then add honey and lemon.  Bring to boil.  Pour into teapot and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment