Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can't Sleep! :-(

I'm feeling very frustrated right now. I've been lying in bed for 4+ hours and I just can't sleep because my legs are aching so bad. This happened to me on Sunday as well (actually fell asleep at around 6:30am) but I didn't care so much because I didn't have to work the next day. Tomorrow (or Today) is going to be a bastard at work on an hour or so sleep (that is if I even get to sleep). I've taken painkillers, magnesium and potassium but nothing is helping :-(

Fuck.

Okay I may as well update my training anyway.

Saturday I had a good training day. I actually got up before work like I said I would to go for a run. That took about 50 minutes. In the evening after work I went to the gym for a lower body workout.

SATURDAY'S TRAINING

Front Squats
warmup, then
65kg x 5, 4 sets

Romanian Deadlifts
90kg x 8, 3 sets

Split Squats with Kettlebells
48kg total x 10, 2 sets

Glute Ham Raises
5kg x 10, 3 sets

Sunday was an off day. We went to the bar as usual and saw a few friends there. Funnily enough we were introduced to one of the powerlifting legends of Australia. It was quite motivating talking to him.

Monday I went to the gym again! I didn't really have a plan so I just followed what Matt was doing

MONDAY'S WORKOUT

Overhead Press
warmup, then
40kg x 5
42.5kg x 5
45kg x 5

Pendlay Rows
60kg x 5
65kg x 5
70kg x 6

I think that might be a PR on the Pendlays actually. I've done 70kg before but never for 6 reps. I'll have to look it up to be sure.

Incline Leg Raises 3 x 10

Cardio: Interval Training on Recumbent Bike; 5 minutes warmup, 20 minutes of 1 min on 1 min off intervals, 5 minutes cooldown.

That brings me to Tuesday. I didn't work out Tuesday but I did go for a 30 minute brisk walk after work.

I've been reading a few blogs on meal planning and such. Basically taking some time out of your week to plan your meals for the whole week. It saves on costs because a lot of the time you're eating what's in season (and therefore cheaper) for produce and also, because you have planned your meals you only buy food to make what you have planned. This may sound like something that a lot of you do anyway if you're following a set diet plan from a trainer but for those of us that don't like to eat the same damned thing every day, it's a good way to be organised yet save money at the same time. As soon as I get settled after the move I am going to try doing this. I think I have mentioned before that I sometimes waste food because I don't eat it in time after I buy it (especially here where food perishes very quickly). I need to get out of that - it's wasteful and costs too much.

Anyway, it's 5:08am and I have to get up at 6:45am. I hope I at least get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment