Saturday, April 4, 2009

Great Workout!

I had a pretty intense workout at the gym today. I did kind of like a full body tension workout as I felt like doing something different today; it kicked my ass! As I was trying to get everything done in just over an hour, I had really short rest periods (between 45-60 seconds) and supersetted some of the exercises. This is what I did:

Leg Press 3 x 12 x 160kg
Leg Curls 1 x 12 x 39kg, 2 x 12 x 46kg
Leg Extensions 2 x 12 x 140lbs
Glute Ham Raises 2 x 12
Bench Press 2 x 12 x 50kg
KB Rows 2 x 12 x 24kg each side
Incline DB Press 1 x 8 x 22.5kg, 1 x 10 x 20kg
Lat Pulldown 2 x 12
Lateral Raises 2 x 12 x 25lbs
Hammer Curls 2 x 12 x 25lbs
Tricep Pulldowns 2 x 12

I finished off with 25 minutes cardio on the recumbent bike: 5 mins warmup, 15 mins of intervals 60:60 seconds ratio and 5 mins cooldown. I'm starting to really like the recumbent bike. I always thought it was lazy cardio because you're almost lying down, but if you crank up the tension and pedal hard you get just as good a workout as you would on any other piece of cardio equipment.

My heart was pumping hard for a whole hour!

Diet today was great. I have been having lamb every night for dinner for the last 3 days as I'm really enjoying it. Getting a little bit sick of chicken at the mo :-P

I just put some chickpeas in water in a saucepan to soak overnight and they're really noisy! I'm going to make some kinda corn and chickpea fritter tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Chickpeas are noisy? I am a little turned off of chicken right now as well. Not good, because I have a ton of chicken breasts, cooked and raw, in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As do I! I have to get rid of them before they go groggy and bad. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete