Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am back! Finally!

My god.

Finally got internet after 3 weeks! Bloody hell, I didn't expect it to take that long, I was thinking like 3 days :-/

It's been a hassle trying to find a gym here. There's the university gym which I initially planned on joining but there is just no parking. They've redone all the roads since I was last here and got rid of a shitload of the street parking so if there is no where to park, there is no gym. At the mo we're going to a gym which is pretty good near my Mum's place - but it's like 20km away, so it's a bit of a drive and with gas so expensive it won't be worth it in the long run. We just joined for a month, so when that's up we're going to try another gym closer to us for a week to see how that goes. Gosh I hope we find one soon.... I haven't had much luck with gyms this year :-/

Daisy is great. She is fully toilet trained now!! Unless she gets on the couch - for some reason she thinks it's her second toilet so we don't let her on it now. When we let her out in the kitchen and lounge - no problems. She follows me around, comes when I call her and she jumps on my lap and eats salad out of my hand - she is an adorable pet. I just love her!

We also got a cat, which I'm not very fond of. It's Matt's pet. Her name is Freddie (we got her from the SPCA, an animal shelter here and they had already named her). I've never had a cat in my life and I've always been in the situation where I've hung around them for a little and liked them but could always give them back (kinda like kids.... LOL). Living with one is hard though, it would be better if we could let her outside but we live on a main street with busy traffic. Nevermind!

I've just gotten into training in the last week. I basically had a 3 week break after we moved. I've been feeling strong though. Here are my workouts for the last week and today:

Workout Tuesday 26 May
Squats 70x5, 80x5x3
Lunges 3x10x40kg - R leg a little funny near coccyx
Leg Curls (seated) 4x10


Workout Wednesday 27 May
Bench 60x8, 70x5x2
Pendlay Row 60x5x3
DB Row 3x8x32.5kg
Rolling Tricep Extensions 3x8x12kgs
Bicep Curls 4x10

Cardio: rower, 3km 15 mins


Workout Friday 29th
2 board 75kgx8, 77.5kgx8, 80kgx8: I think this is the most reps I've done at this weight!
RDLs 80kgx8, 100kgx8, 100kgx6x2, 80kgx10
YTWL Drills 3x10
Bulgarian Squats 3x10x14.5kgs
2 sets of machine rows with a light weight concentrating on contracting scapulae.

No cardio.


Workout Tues 2nd June
Squats 82.5kg x 5 x 4 sets
Split Squats 50kg x 10 x 3 sets
Seated Leg Curls 4 x 10
One Legged Leg Press 3P x 10 x 3
Rolling Tricep Extensions 4 x 10 x 9kg
Dips (heels elevated) 3 x 15


Workout Wed 3rd June
Neutral Grip DB Press 23kg x 8, 29kg x 8, 6, 5, 25kg x 8
DB Row 32.5kg x 8, 3 sets
Lat Pulldown 3 x 10
Machine Row 3 x 10
Concentration Curls 3 x 10 x 10.5kg

That's all my training for now. Apart from the 15 minutes on the rower, I've done basically NO cardio since I got here. I'm thinking of getting up early tomorrow and going for a run... don't know if that will happen... I want to though!

Work is going pretty good - a lot more relaxed than my old job which is great!

I think that's all for now! Good to be back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment