I happened to walk into the supermarket at the right time yesterday. They had reduced a lot of their fruits and vegetables for quick sale. Among the things I bought was a big bag of apricots, so I decided to make Apricot Chicken for dinner. Yum!
1 cup water
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1 packet French Onion Soup
800g Chicken Thigh or Breast Fillets
1. Slice apricots, remove stone and chop into pieces
2. Place chopped apricots in saucepan with water, raw sugar, cracked pepper (to taste) and soup mix and simmer until soft.
3. Place chicken thigh fillets in a casserole dish and pour apricot mixture over chicken. Stir a little to distribute the mixture.
4. Bake for approximately 1 hour at 200 degrees Celsius (45 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.
5. Serve as is for a low carb dish or with rice if desired. Makes 4 servings or 2-3 if you're greedy like me.